Closing date: 4/15/2016
Want to work for a great compnay?
B&B Demolition started as a very small organization in 1999, employing only four team members. Today the company has in excess of seventy, and that number continues to climb. B&B recognizes that it takes a lot of people to run a smooth organization, and are always looking for the best candidates to join the team. We acknowledge our dedicated and loyal team members who work tirelessly to uphold the high level of customer service that we pride ourselves in. B&B has team members, not employees. If you're looking for a job, you're in the wrong place. We provide careers.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Requires Flexibility
The Estimator is accountable to the President of B&B Demolition. Working in a team environment, which includes laborers, superintendents, and administrative staff is an integral part of project and company success. The estimator ensures professionalism in customer service, excellent knowledge of the construction industry and how it relates to the demolition industry.Estimator duties include but are not limited to the following:
- The ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and specifications as they relate to the project
- Be apprised of current market prices for labor, material, equipment costs, and incidental costs that could be associated with each project
- Be familiar with the demolition process so each project can be completed safely and on time, job task planning & organizing
- All administrative paperwork attached to the project is acquired and processed prior to the project commencement, including extra awards on projects
- Ensure client satisfaction and maintain rapport with General Contractors, act as liaison between General Contractors and Superintendents when necessary
- Follow up on estimate to monitor competitiveness.
- Be available and have knowledge of projects of all queries associated with each project.
- Ability to arbitrate any disputes arising during the project, treat all persons with dignity and respect.
- Walk through all projects with the client and site supervisor prior to starting the project to ensure everyone on the team is aware of the scope of work to be completed
- Ensure that appropriate equipment is available to complete the project including rentals if required.
- Have a CSA approved hard hat and work boots
- Be punctual and able to work flexible hours
- Have First Aid and WHMIS Training
- Have a valid Alberta Class 5A drivers license and a clean abstract
- Must Speak fluent English
- Every Estimator must accomplish sales that amount to 10 times the estimators annual salary
- Company medical coverage after 3 months of employment
- RRSP matching after 3 months of employment
- Company phone
- Full time access to a company vehicle
- Profit sharing
- Company Expense account